Some Whimsical Crochet

A Little T-Shirt Yarn


Over the past couple of months, I've been cutting up t-shirts for another t-shirt rug.  It will be a gift for my Sister (Laura) and her Husband, who are due to have a baby at the end of the year.  The rainbow colours will tie in nicely with their Nursery theme.  I'm very excited to be an Aunt!

Here is the yarn...well... most of it... I may have overfilled despite the instructions on the box lol ;)
First couple of rows:
Current progress:
 

I've been a bit lazy with weaving the ends in!  This will be smaller than the first rug I made a few years ago.  Laura tells me I've still got heaps of time to get it done.  I tell her she will still be saying that when there are two weeks or so left lol!

A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies


Laura and I were discussing what a group of butterflies is referred to as... They can be sometimes called a swam, but really I think that term sounds like it belongs better to bees or wasps.  Apparently, a group of butterflies is often referred to as a kaleidoscope!  We decided this is the perfect name for the series I'm working on!  Anyway, there are going to be 12 butterflies in the "Kaleidoscope Collection" (one for each month of the year).  Here are the butterflies for July and August...

Lavender Forest Butterfly: 120 by 181 Stitches, 24 Threads
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/708587046/lavender-forest-butterfly-pdf-cross?ref=shop_home_active_1
Small Lavender Forest Butterfly: 53 by 81 Stitches, 25 Threads
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/722440277/small-lavender-forest-butterfly-pdf?ref=shop_home_active_2
The butterfly for August "Wildflower Whimsy Butterfly"
Wildflower Whimsy: 96 by 181 Stitches, 22 DMC Threads
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/663320628/wildflower-whimsy-butterfly-pdf-cross?ref=shop_home_active_2
  Small Wildflower Whimsy: 43 by 81 Stitches, 23 DMC Threads
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/680099893/small-wildflower-whimsy-butterfly-pdf?ref=shop_home_active_1

I'm still working on designing the Butterfly Sampler as well.  The plan is to divide the Kaleidoscope Collection into two Samplers...  They are going to be pretty! :)

Happy Stitching, Diamond Painting & Crocheting! xxx


Comments

  1. I love how you crochet things out of t=shirts. But than I asume that the stroks will be very short.
    How do you do that? Because many starting points will be visible in the work? Or do you have a special technique. It looks gorgeous. And so do your butterflies. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natascha! Thank you :) I have learnt some handy techniques from the previous rug... The t-shirts have been cut in a spiral to get the longest yarn lengths possible and to avoid seams (which i cut off, rather than over). I join the strips together with a no-sew join... There are a few you-tube videos out there on how to do this... I leave a tail long enough either side of the join to weave under the existing stitches so that the joins are not visible. That is why there are so many tails! I've already weaved quite a few in as well... Anyway, I've also been using the "invisible join crochet circle" technique, so hopefully the transition between rounds/colours will be more seamless! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nocturne

In the Spirit of Diamond Painting

100 Days of HAED