A Day of Diamonds

Happy New Year!

Just wanted to say a quick thank-you to everyone for voting for the pieces you wanted to see more progress on.  I've based my 2018 yearly stitching goals on your votes!   There was a three way tie between Treasure Hunt, Nocturne and Rainbow Girl.  I've gotten stuck into one of the three with the highest votes you'll see some progress very soon.  You'll have to wait and see which one though!  In the mean time I wanted to share pictures from the diamond painting day I had with my Mum and Sister.

Christmas Day Diamond Painting

I gave my Mum and Sister diamond paintings for Christmas.  My Sister Laura has done some of diamond painting before and I hoped to get her inspired to tackle more of her Josephine Wall "Three Wishes" HAED she kitted up last year.  My Mum has cross stitched a bit in the past but had never tried diamond painting.  Anyway, we ended up spending all Christmas afternoon diamond painting and now they are both hooked!  It was so much fun we decided to have a diamond painting day to work on our projects together.

Christmas afternoon:

Laura's diamond paintings finished and framed!:
 

A Day of Diamonds

I pulled out Spirit of Flight for our diamond painting day and Laura and Mum worked on Laura's HAED "Three Wishes."  Some of you may remember me doing a blog on kitting this up and I promised to show Laura's progress here.  It is moving slowly as she hasn't had much spare time to work on it!

Laura and Mum working on Three Wishes:
Progress made on Three Wishes by Josephine Wall (Regular, Max Colour Chart):
                    
Three Wishes Artwork:
 Here I am working on Spirit of Flight with Laura getting stuck onto Three Wishes:
 

Anyway, I'm going to get back into stitching now!

Happy Stitching! xxx



Comments

  1. What a fun day! I do love the look of diamond painting but I wish it produced smaller finishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are massive pieces! I was thinking that the other day 😃

      Delete
  2. Wow those diamond paintings are huge! I'm sure it must be quicker than stitching though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is quicker Justine! 😁 Most of what you see on Spirit of Flight I completed in the space of about three months or less. It would take me a good 6 months or more to stitch that same section!

      Delete
  3. Those are turning out amazing! I might have to retry diamond painting one of these days...maybe doing a HAED will keep me interested enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was real impressed with how the blending is turning out in Laura's max colour chart.🔷 🔹🔷 It's a fun way to complete a HAED!

      Delete
  4. Can you tell me which you like best Megan? Stitching or Diamond Painting.. I did some Diamond painting, but I love stitching a bit better.. Diamond painting has just one size of stone. And I do like to stitch things a bit smaller sometimes. But it looks just gorgeous. And very nice to see you all enjoy your day... A bit weird though for me haha.... Seeing you all there in your summercloths... But ofcourse it is summer in Australia. But it looks a bit odd when you are used to the winter with Christmas.
    I hope you had a great day. It is great fun when you share the same interests as a family. I am the only one in my family that is doing creative hobby's.. But no problem... I've got a sister in law that also loves to be creative. We have our day every other week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... They are both enjoyable and have different aspects I like. If I had to pick one, then the stitching is more practical because it yields a more reasonable sized finish. That reason alone limits the pieces I'd complete as diamond paintings! It's good for having a break from the stitching and switching things up a bit though. Christmas in winter would be such a different experience... It would be awesome to experience a white Christmas one day! How nice you get to have frequent crafty days with your Sister in Law Natascha! 💛 It's a great way to catch up
      and enjoy each other's company. I think we will definately do another diamond painting day soon.

      Delete
  5. The diamond painting it beautiful! I LOVE your sister's peacock, it is stunning. Glad the family can craft together. My family is not interested in crafting, sad but true... Anyways I look forward to seeing more progress on Spirit of Flight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith! The round translucent diamonds are really very pretty in person and it's tricky to get a picture that does them justice! Laura was really pleased with how the Peacocks turned out. Even when your family are interested in crafting, it can be hard to find time to get together! There is always the option to find a group or organise a crafting day with friends if that is something you would love to be involved in 😊

      Delete
  6. This hobby certainly sounds attractive and fun! Looks like you were all having a great time! Don't forget your lovely little crosses too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a fun day! The diamond painting has been put aside and I'm back into the stitching now 😉

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of HAED

The Ghost of the Missing Page

Nocturne