Fact or Fairytale?

Robber Bridegroom

It's been awhile since I've shown progress on the Rachel Marks fairytale piece "Robber Bridegroom."  Actually, it was around Halloween last year when I finished the top row!  Now I've skipped ahead to work on page 8 for my yearly goals. 
Here is where it was at the last update:

Traveling with my HAED

I had a three hour train trip the other week and managed to get quite a bit of stitching in!  I made my wip much smaller to make it more travel friendly. I usually work on a much larger q-snap but switched to a 12 inch frame for traveling.  I fit everything needed for stitching into a small zip up bag!

Start of trip:
 End of trip:
Current progress:

I didn't get a page finish in but the section left on this page is part of the collar on the man's tunic/top.  This will have metallic threads worked into it like the collar back on page three. So I'll be getting the metallic threads out when I come back to this one!

Since it's fast approaching, wishing everyone a Happy Halloween!  I thought I'd re-post the freebie from Halloween last year in case anyone missed it!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95yTID-Dl-Ia1FsaXhxZVZXbjQ/view

 
Happy Stitching! xxx






Comments

  1. This is a great design to be working on.
    I'm amazed at how much got done on a 3 hours train trip! I wouldn't have done anywhere near as much as you!!
    I'm still trying to finish the first page of my first HAED... I've been working on it for the past 6 weeks :( Feeling slightly depressed, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ingrid! Stitching made the train trip go fast... To be fair I am tenting and that seems to help speed things up. The confetti is pretty tame on this page too. Stay inspired and keep going with yours! I'm looking forward to seeing it. Some pages go faster than others and sometimes life interupts too lol! You'll get there though 😉

      Delete
  2. I'm amazed like Ingrid that you managed to stitch so much! I am still working towards my first page finish on my first official HAED. Your progress is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Justine! It's awesome that you've started a HAED! I hope you are enjoying it , it doesn't matter how long it takes😊

      Delete
  3. Well done stitching on the train, did anyone ask what you were doing? I would be to scared that someone would spill a drink or something on it. You got a lot done. Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The first train wasn't very busy, the seat next to me was empty. The people on that train weren't really interested... The second train in the city was much busier and I got a few curious looks from people! 😆 It didn't really bother me though and no one said anything lol.

      Delete
  4. Not that I want to ride a train that long but near to three hours sounds glorious to focus on stitches! Beautiful work so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great excuse to get in a decent amount of stitching lol! :D

      Delete
  5. I adore the shades in this work. I hope you hade a great trip stitching.. 3 hours of doing nothing would be terrible..
    It is great you stitched on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Megan you really made the most out of your train trip. Love how our craft can be so portable. Beautiful work
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of HAED

The Ghost of the Missing Page

Nocturne