Catfish...

You Are What You Eat

My sister stitched this piece and gifted it to me years ago! I didn’t have a space to hang it at the time so put it away. It got unearthed while sorting through things and I realized it would look great hanging in my kitchen!

Silly Snobs Designs "You Are What You Eat"
Stitched by Laura Graco
18 count aida 2 over 1

I felt inspired to play around with adding colour to create a bit more excitement… So I experimented with some food dye and added some metallic thread. The separator lines were extended and I added a colour pattern to them in tent stitch! I need to straighten the gold matt but here it is now:

More Fish

On the subject of fish… I was very lucky to receive Antiquated Thoughts as an Easter RAK from Sandra Popek. I love the goldfish in this! A big thank you to Sandra for her gift! I think this one will make an awesome companion piece to Umbrella Sky with it's goldfish.

Antiquated Thoughts by Annie Stegg

Comments

  1. It's adorable! I love the color you added to your cats project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of food colouring being used to dye a fabric before but it's work well. Lovely new chart too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since tea or coffee can also be used in fabric dying, I figured food colouring was worth a shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great new experiment!
    The end result looks super cool with a colourful new look on the design.
    Especially like the sparkle of the threads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the work with the goldfish.. What a gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute designs I'm excited for your start on Antiquated Fish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice experiment and nice result. The new HAED chart you've been gifted is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nocturne

100 Days of HAED

In the Spirit of Diamond Painting