The not so Mysterious Mystery!

Here is a reminder of where the Mystery Chart left off at!:

   photo IMG_4833_zpszdtpgkob.jpg

And now...  Drumroll... 

Well… Here we go… ta da!!!

Mystery Chart Finish:
  photo BIRDSampFlowers_zps4pmk0z62.jpg

Tented using 3 to 4 strands (colour dependent) on 20 count Mint Green Bellana/Lugana
Started March 19th 2015, Completed December 18th 2015
Completion time: 9 months (whilst jugging other wips!)

This is my second ever stitchy finish!  It's such a good feeling to put that last stitch in!
It's also such a relief to finish the piece in time for Christmas so it can be gifted.  Since it’s not so mysterious anymore I can reveal the source.  The chart is appropriately called Flowers and Birds and is available as a freebie from the Free Cross Stitch online website.  It is a very complex pattern to stitch… If you check it out you will see the confetti battle within and understand!

  photo Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 8.57.19 AM_zpsv7430mxt.png

 Improvising

You may notice the pattern has been made wider.  It has been stitched out an additional 1-2 centimeters either side for framing.  The initial plan was to have it custom framed but I ended up buying a standard sized frame instead.  This meant there was a need for it to be stitched out to fit the proportions of the frame better.  I actually really enjoyed making the pattern up for the side sections... I will post more pictures of it framed once it has been gifted.

Little Drummer Boy

I thought it would be fun to sing a carol for you all this year!  Wishing you all a safe and happy holidays and Christmas with family and friends.  Much love, light and stitching to you all! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!





  photo TagMeganmedium_zpse179497a.jpg

Comments

  1. Well done Megan!! What a beautiful finish, it will make a lovely gift.
    I am so impressed that you have actually added/created extra design to make it wider. That alone is pure talent!!! I would never have guessed. Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! I was nervous about adding to the roses on the right hand side... Thankfully it turned out well though! :D

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your finish !! It looks lovely !! Happy Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish and it's incredible how you adapted the design to fit your frame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine :) It wasn't too difficult actually! For the side extension I only used floss colours in the existing chart palette and matched the colours in existing stitching to make the new part flow and match. Towards the end I started parking excess threads off to both sides. This was a big time-saver as I was able to randomly select appropriate colours from the parked threads to fill in the sides, rather than have to rummage through the floss boxes to find "the right colour"!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the finish - it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay congrats! It looks great I can tell from your wip photos that it's a lot of confetti. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather :) There was soooo much confetti lol! It was to date the most difficult piece I've encountered confetti-wise!

      Delete
  6. Great finish. You did an amazing job adding to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diamond Painting

Valentine's Day

Three Wishes