Iris Keeper of the Rainbow, March Update

I finally got through the second page of Iris! I recently discovered the loop start and have been using it on Iris.  The loop start can be used with 2 strands of thread and I'm stitching this one 2 over 1, on 20 ct mauve aida fabric.   I love the fact that I don't have to turn my work over as much and my back looks a little bit neater.  I was so excited about this technique that I went to show my Mum and Sister (they both stitch occasionally)and they were both like "Yes, we know about that!" It's a shame they didn't show me when I first started stitching years ago!  Anyway... it's worth a try if you like me have also "been out of the loop"and have not yet encountered it ;)

Click here for the video on the loop start method
Previous progress:
 photo photo2_zpsb7eb90a3.jpg

Current progress update:
 photo IMG_2678_zps1bonc68a.jpg

 photo IMG_2669_zpsr0h4tqqt.jpg

Confetti close up:
 photo IMG_2343_zpsrwmcmf43.jpg

The small dent this has made in the overall piece! (Please excuse the wrinkles in the fabric):
 photo IMG_2374_zpsqbn3feak.jpg


Comments

  1. Wow that's a great advance because that chart looks with a lot of confetti, but beautiful detail, I'm glad you found a new method of starting I dont use the loop neither start behind, just a little diferent, I tryed with the loop when I started parking but I didn't feel confortable with it, anyway I'm glad to see your progress =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It's a shame you didn't like the loop start! I wish I could use it on all my projects :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful progress! That's a beautiful piece and will be stunning when finished.
    Looking forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the video.... I am definitly going to use that start.. OMG!!! That save so much threads on the back.. Ideal for HAEDS.
    And this is a beautiful work your making. Bautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing page two. Here's to page three... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your lovely comments! I'm glad you found the video link helpful Natascha :) The loop start is awesome. Page three is very moody Rachel, I've hit a whole lot of grey and navy... But there's some purple in there too which is nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of HAED

The Ghost of the Missing Page

Nocturne