Butterfly Project


I have been working on a small side project (small compared to the HAED’s anyway). I’ve stitched an 8x6 inch butterfly I intend to finish as a cushion.
Stitched on 22 count Hardanger, tented 3 over 1:
Outline:
 photo butterflyoutlinesmall_zpsb9ea2cc2.jpg

I have started filling in the colors and have really enjoyed stitching this. As you can see I’ve brought some purple/grape fabric and two tones of ribbon for making the cushion cover.   I couldn't decide between the green and magenta ribbon... It then occurred to me I could use them both:)  The tone of the green is not really coming across properly in the photo though.

Work in progress:
 photo butteredt_zpse1ef8ab7.jpg


As far as the HAED’s go I found some pictures of Iris and Spirit of Flight partly stitched. Reflecting upon this I don't think I will go ahead with Spirit of Flight. The pattern has translated a quite bit darker and I’m just feeling unsure on it now in general. I also think I might go insane trying to stitch two Josephine Wall pieces! So while I contemplate that I will start Iris because I do really feel like I want to stitch her. I’ve ordered some 20 count Aida and can’t wait till it arrives! 

Comments

  1. Lovely progress on your butterfly. Looking forward to seeing Iris.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diamond Painting

Valentine's Day

Three Wishes